NHTSA is committed to improving safety and mobility on our nation’s roadways. As we look ahead to the next stage of roadway safety in America, vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication technology shows great promise in transforming the way Americans travel. Using V2V technology, vehicles ranging from cars to trucks and buses to trains could one day be able to communicate important safety and mobility information to one another that can help save lives, prevent injuries, ease traffic congestion, and improve the environment.
INFORMATION & REPORTS
- April 8, 2016: First of 2 public meetings on automated vehicles News release | Meeting details
- V2V Communications Fact Sheet
- NHTSA advanced notice of proposed rulemaking on vehicle-to-vehicle communications technology News release | Notice
- DOT dedicated short-range communications (DSRC) spectrum sharing test plan
- V2V SCMS Request for Information
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communications: Readiness of V2V Technology for Application | Images from report available for use.